tomcat-users mailing list archives

From S M <iwantajav...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: class path
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:46:59 GMT
Hi
These are the env. variables that I have set explicitly for tomcat 4.1 installation

lJAVA_HOME = C:\java\bin
lCATALINA_HOME = C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1
CLASSPATH= ".;C:\javacode;%CATALINA_HOME%;%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\servlet.jar;%J2EE_HOME%\lib\j2ee.jar;"

I have the path =C:\java\bin; when i installed
J2sdk1.4.2_06

These being the variables I am still getting that error log where the compiler cannot locate
the servlet pakages.

Hope you can assit further.

Thanks.

Jason Bainbridge <jbainbridge@gmail.com> wrote:
On Apr 12, 2005 3:39 PM, S M wrote:
> sorry for the confusion, but i have set CLASSPATH, i echoed on cmd as mentioned and yes
it shows me the CLASSPATH as listed below
>".;C:\javacode;%CATALINA_HOME%;%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\servlet.jar;%J2EE_HOME%\lib\j2ee.jar;"
> > where ";C:\javacode" had the source code.

Have you explicityly set CATALINA_HOME as well? Does it have spaces in
it? If so surround it with double quotes or move it to a path with no
spaces. I don't think having servlet.jar and j2ee.jar in the same
classpath is a good idea either.

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge