tomcat-users mailing list archives

From S M <iwantajav...@yahoo.com>
Subject class path
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:03:30 GMT
Hi all,
I am a first time user of Tomcat.
I am able to see the Tomcat default page on http://localhost:8080/index.jsp
Now, I want to compile HelloWorld.java using JDK 1.4, the program does not compile and fails
with the following log
C:\javacode>javac HelloWorld.java
HelloWorld.java:2: package javax.servlet does not exist
import javax.servlet.*;
^
HelloWorld.java:3: package javax.servlet.http does not exist
import javax.servlet.http.*;
^
HelloWorld.java:5: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class HttpServlet
location: class HelloWorld
public class HelloWorld extends HttpServlet {
                                ^
HelloWorld.java:7: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class HttpServletRequest
location: class HelloWorld
public void service(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) th
rows ServletException, IOException {
                    ^
HelloWorld.java:7: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class HttpServletResponse
location: class HelloWorld
public void service(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) th
rows ServletException, IOException {
                                                ^
HelloWorld.java:7: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class ServletException
location: class HelloWorld
public void service(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) th
rows ServletException, IOException {

     ^
6 errors
as it is not able to locate the servlet pakages.
I have set the class_path as ".;C:\javacode;%CATALINA_HOME%;%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\servlet.jar;%J2EE_HOME%\lib\j2ee.jar;"
where ";C:\javacode" had the source code.

Please help to get this compiled.

Thanks in advance
S.

  Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger
Now