tomcat-users mailing list archives

From QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>
Subject Re: Application-level control of web-resources
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2005 12:39:36 GMT
On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 02:45:46PM -0700, Robert Koberg wrote:
: I know what you say is the prevailing wisdom.

Prevailing wisdom, bah! =) It's just "what's common at the moment."
When a person strays from that norm, they either end up in a world of
hurt or they create something that revolutionizes how things are done..
which means, over time, *that* becomes "what's common at the moment." =)

: to know your thoughts regarding pregenerating JSP or velocity templates
: such that the decoration (and content inclusion) happens prior to runtime.

I don't think I understand what you're after here, but it's a little
early in the morning for me =)

Please, explain again.

: For example, we use XSLT to pregenerate the pages (managed through our
: CMS) so that as much as possible exists in the page/template. This
: leaves only what is *required* to be dynamic for runtime. Thoughts? (I
: can take it :)

I suppose what I don't understand is, what is "dynamic" here?  Are you
talking a menu that's regenerated at each request (in case new menu
items have been added) or something else?

-QM

--

software   -- http://www.brandxdev.net/
tech news  -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com/