tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lionel Farbos <lionel.far...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Custom 404 page when a webapp is stopped by the manager
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 08:35:53 GMT
Hi,

If you use apache and mod_jk, an issue could be :
when you stop your Context, you change your JkMount towards a custom Tomcat Context that display
your desired error-page.

If you use a Tomcat standalone, I don't kown how to ... :-(
Regards.

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 13:08:30 -0400
"Pascal Gauthier" <pgauthier@le-son666.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have a tomcat webapp that needs to be down if we are doing a maintenance to the database.
The manager seems to be the perfect solution to make the application unavailable but we found
out that the 404 error-page cannot be customized.

> Even if we modified the default web.xml (in conf/) to add the error-page 404,  it doesn't
seems to be resolved when the context is stopped.

> If I type an URL that doesn't exists, that doesn't map to any context, I get the right
error page. But if it match a context path of a webapp that is stopped, I have the Tomcat
default error page. Is there a way to fix this?