tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Skely Vengaboy <tecksk...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Single Sign On not working (Tomcat 5.5.7)
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 17:59:56 GMT
figured out a GOTCHA in using SSO.

>From web-app-A, if we use a simple <a href="...web-app-B"> the user is prompted
the login screen.

Instead, if we use a <a href="javascript:document.location.href=''...web-app-B;"> the
user is not prompted for login screen.

Thought this will be a time saver for others..

Cheers,
Skely

Skely Vengaboy <teckskely@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to implement Single Sign On for my two web apps.

Following the documentation, I uncommented

I also made sure that both web-apps are using the same JDBC Realm nested inside the

Still its prompting for login when I try to access one web app from the other.

Any help is appreciated.

with kind regards,
Skely

My Server.xml file is:

driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/authority"
connectionName="root" connectionPassword="password"
userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name" userCredCol="user_pass"
userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />