tomcat-users mailing list archives

From helena rato <>
Subject Cannot modify Tomcat Contexts installed at setup
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 21:06:48 GMT
I use Tomcat 5.0.27 with apache Apache 2.0.40 and JK2.

Just for the purpose of a test, I replace the existing
index.jsp file in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/ with
another index.jsp file, with following contents:

<h1>Hello World</h1>

I re-boot the server, and start Tomcat and Apache.

I browse to my URL using

I still get the 'old' index.jsp!

The same happens with any of the Contexts installed
during setup, like 'jsp-examples' context (for
example, modifying /jsp-examples/num/numguess.jsp
seems to have no impact at all, even after rebooting).

On the other hand, with Tomcat Contexts created by me,
the behavior is normal.

I'm sure I am missing something, and would appreciate
any clue.

Thank-you in advance

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail: