tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lionel Farbos <lionel.far...@free.fr>
Subject Re: session management
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 09:31:59 GMT
Hi,

A cookie is attached to one IP/browser.
So, if the same browser do :
httpServletRequest.getSession()
it recovers the same httpSession as before (if it already exists).
But when you come from another browser, the same httpSession is not recovered.

For your needs, I think you can do something like this :
Use a database in which you store sessionIds when they are created, and you can associate
all the parameters you want to this Id (login,context,...).
When a new browser wants to use to same session as other, it invokes a special servlet with
the required parameters;
Then, this servlet take the desired sessionId in database and returns it as a cookie (So,
here, you case use httpServletResponse.addCookie(...)).
So, your second browser will store the same sessionId as the 1st one and will use the same
Context...

Perhaps there are other ways to do this,
but I think this one can work.

Regards.