tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Krishnakant Mane <compactsolut...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: still not clear with connection pooling in tomcat
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2005 12:47:42 GMT
hello all,
Thanks for your help on this issue.
however I still can't get my problem solved.  10
different articles give 10 different solutions.
however my problem is simple.  I have a streight
forward question.
I want to implement connection pooling in the tomcat 5
web container and I have the jakarta commons packages
as well as the mysql jdbc jar file in the proper
place.
I found one good example in the tomcat 5 docs, but it
talks about an example in jsp.  I exclusively use
servlets and I want to know how I use connection
pooling in the servlet.
where do I use the Initial context and where do I
initialise it?  where will the datasource come into
question?  and how I use the connection object with
the datasource?  all this I want to know in context of
a servlet not jsp.
Please help me
and please no more references to other documents I
have read enough of those articles and I am getting
more and more confused.
thanks
Krishnakant.