tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <neil.shadr...@bt.com>
Subject Consecutive threads
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:16:18 GMT

Tomcat running stand-alone pretty much out-of-the box.

I have a servlet which initially presents a form to users. When the form
is submitted it runs one of a number of possible queries on an Oracle
database. Some queries return immediately while others take up to 20
minutes to run. The servlet itself does nothing very time-consuming an
so consequently spends most of its time waiting for executeQuery to
return.

If I run a long query, followed by a series of short queries ( different
browsers/pcs ) then the latter all wait for the long query to return
rather than completing first as I expected.

Why are the threads apparently processed consecutively and where do I
need to look to change this behaviour?