tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Bateman <>
Subject [Slightly OT] CLASSPATH variable in
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 21:14:17 GMT
While debugging a log4j problem this afternoon... I happened to attempt
to rearrange the contents of my CLASSPATH on my Fedora Core 2 machine in
order to insure a correct file is being loaded by TC.

To insure the proper file is loaded, I placed
${catalina.home}/common/classes/ as the *first* entry in
the CLASSPATH that passes into the bootstrap process.
Looking at 'ps -aef | grep java' I see my properties file listed first
in the classpath.

HOWEVER, it appears that classloader sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader in
Java 1.4.2_05 doesn't honor the -classpath in it's entirety - as
1.4.2_05 *never* loads the file that's in the
classpath.  Instead - it decides to load the file that
is contained in the axis-ant.jar file.

Am I crazy????  Or did I do something wrong???

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message