tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jiang, Peiyun" <Peiyun.Ji...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>
Subject RE: tomcat as Windows service - access to resources
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 15:59:24 GMT
I did a test using \\computer\dir\mydir instead of a mapping G:. I still have the same behavior.

Is there any other reason?

Peiyun

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Crowther [mailto:Peter.Crowther@melandra.com]
Sent: April 7, 2005 10:11 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: tomcat as Windows service - access to resources

> From: Jiang, Peiyun [mailto:Peiyun.Jiang@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca]
> I'm running Tomcat 5.0 on Windows 2000. I logon to Windows as
> user1 and I have a mapped drive G: that requires separate
> login (I user the same user name and password, so it
> automatically logs in).
> (1) If I login as user1 and start Tomcat from the start
> script, I can access drive G: from a servlet.
> (2) If I login as user1 and run Tomcat as a Windows service,
> I don't have access to G: from a servlet. Even if I change
> the service property using user1 to log on, I still don't
> have access to G: from a servlet.

Processes that run as services don't load the user profile of the user,
they just take on the user's network identity.  Amongst other things,
the profile stores drive mappings.  This means that no service (to my
knowledge) gets any drive mappings.  A typical workaround is to use the
UNC name of the mapped drive.

		- Peter