tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jiang, Peiyun" <Peiyun.Ji...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>
Subject tomcat as Windows service - access to resources
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 13:37:40 GMT
I'm running Tomcat 5.0 on Windows 2000. I logon to Windows as user1 and I have a mapped drive
G: that requires separate login (I user the same user name and password, so it automatically
logs in).
(1) If I login as user1 and start Tomcat from the start script, I can access drive G: from
a servlet.
(2) If I login as user1 and run Tomcat as a Windows service, I don't have access to G: from
a servlet. Even if I change the service property using user1 to log on, I still don't have
access to G: from a servlet.

Is there a workaround? Is it because when you run tomcat as a service, user1 is not the owner
of the process even if you use user1 as "log on"?

Thanks.

Peiyun Jiang