tomcat-users mailing list archives

From howard...@att.net
Subject extending the Catalina Realm login
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:25:35 GMT
Subject: extending the Catalina Realm login
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:21:17 +0000

I'm working on a school project which requires a little bit more authentication
than the standard JDBC Realm server/container model and I'd like to add a method
or two to the Realm login.

I have found a JSP that seems to write the form that the login uses....   but I
can't seem to find the servlet it runs.   I'm assuming I'd need to replace a
.jar file.

Here's a snippet of the sample logon:
<title>Login Page for Examples</title>
<form method="POST" action='<%= response.encodeURL("j_security_check") %>

Where is j_security_check ?

Can any one tell me what classes or packages need to be worked on??

What I want to do is add a method to set an authentication flag after a user
logs in.   I want a single sign in and also want to know that a user has been
authenticated individually.  I was thinking of setting the flag in the User
Table as a Boolean column, then I'd have the user name, UID, and boolean flag to
use in the applications.

I have looked a little at JAAS, but it seems like too much and I also can not
add an LDAP server.

Howard D.