tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "joelsherriff" <joelsherr...@comcast.net>
Subject How to use servlet filters without modifying webapp
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:36:32 GMT
Hello,
    I'm experimenting with applying a servlet filter to an existing webapp and I'm getting
a ClassCastException upon startup.
Can I do this without modifying the webapp source and adding my filter in there?  If so, what
else could be causing this?

I'm not sure where it looks for the filter .class file but I put it in the webapp's WEB-INF/classes
directory - I guess it finds it
since I'm getting this error.  The filter really does nothing, I'm just trying to get A filter
in place before making it more complicated.