tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Harper" <rob...@iat-cti.com>
Subject RE: 2 nd Try : help need for hosting the website
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:47:52 GMT
When you try place www. anishanumandla.com in the navigation bar, your
request is translated by the browser to http://www.anishanumandla.com.
This will attempt a connection to your server on the default port of 80.
Look at the difference. anishanumandla is the name of your servlet in the
localhost sample. What is the external name of your machine? If it is
anishanumandla then try http://www.anishanumandla.com:8080/anishanumandla.

For www.anishanumandla.com to be recognized to the outside world, you must
register the name with the WC3 group. Try using your external IP address
instead of the name like:

http://216.109.112.135:8080/anishanumandla

Tomcat does not broadcast your name to the whole world.

Robert S. Harper
Senior Engineer

Information Access Technology, Inc.
1100 East 6600 South
Suite 300
Salt Lake City, Utah USA 84121-7411
(801)265-8800 Ext. 255
FAX (801)265-8880

This e-mail is intended only for the addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged information. Any review, retransmission, or action taken
upon this information by persons other than the intended recipient is
prohibited by law. If you received this communication in error, please
contact us immediately at 801-265-8800. Although this e-mail and any
attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect, it is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that anything received or opened
is virus free. No responsibility is accepted by IAT for any loss or damage
in the event that such a virus or defect exists.