tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Eric Miller" <jemil...@uchicago.edu>
Subject Specifying logging.properties file via system property doesn't work?
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 22:03:33 GMT
Until Tomcat 5.5.9 I was specifying my java.util.logging.config.file using a
system property set using CATALINA_OPTS like the following.

CATALINA_OPTS='-Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/jakarta-tomcat-dev/conf/logging.properties

 -Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger'After removing,
the logging.properties file from common/classes (Call mecrazy, but, I like having all my apps
log to a single file (that way I don'thave to check 5 files for errors)) I found that nothing
would get logged(even though I specified the logging.properties file using the systemproperty).I
was able to solve the problem by simply copying my logging.properties fileto common/classes.
It seems like using the system property should work toothough...Jon