tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David B. Saul" <dbs...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: class path (UNCLASSIFIED)
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:30:46 GMT
Quite frankly - this has nothing to do with Tomcat.

However, try this one more time - with or without the quotes as your path
does not require quotes,
only if the folder/directory names have spaces, and then search your system
for HelloWorld.class if
you do not see it in this directory. You also mentioned you were using a
batch file, or script file, to
compile. Do this from a command line from the directory you where the source
code is. Start from here
and the rest of this is basic java compilation - not Tomcat :)

Additionally make a slight change to the command and specify the current
directory as part of the classpath.
I am guessing this is the HellowWorld.java servlet example included with
Tomcat.

javac -classpath .;c:\tomcat\common\lib\servlet.jar HelloWorld.java

-----Original Message-----
From: S M [mailto:iwantajavaid@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 8:52 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: class path (UNCLASSIFIED)

see this... no errors... but no class file for the same ????

C:\javacode>javac -classpath c:\tomcat\common\lib\servlet.jar
HelloWorld.java C:\javacode>javac -classpath
"c:\tomcat\common\lib\servlet.jar" HelloWorld.java

C:\javacode>javac HelloWorld.java

"David B. Saul" <dbsaul@comcast.net> wrote:
Try typing/copying the following at the prompt in the directory where the
source code is for HelloWorld.java:

javac -classpath "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat
4.1\common\lib\servlet.jar" HelloWorld.java

if in fact this is where the servlet.jar file exists.