tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marco Pöhler <li...@poehlerpoehler.de>
Subject RE: want to start tomcat in a cron job
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 08:10:26 GMT
Hi Krishnakant,

This works for me, especially if tomcat hangs sometimes and the
shutdown.sh doesn't work in that case. I run this script once a day on
tomcat 5.5.7.

#!/bin/bash
kill -9 `cat /usr/local/java/tomcat/tomcat.pid`
/etc/init.d/tomcat start

The startscript is just a call to bin/startup.sh.

Hth

Marco

---
http://www.kontaktlinsen-preisvergleich.de
http://www.tuxoo.org

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Krishnakant Mane [mailto:compactsolution@yahoo.co.uk]
Gesendet: Freitag, 8. April 2005 09:57
An: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: want to start tomcat in a cron job

hello all,
I want to use the startup.sh and shutdown.sh scripts
in a cron job.
is there a script I can create to restart tomcat every
hour.
I don't want to use the startup and shutdown scripts
and as it is cron is not running these scripts
properly.
please help me with a restart script for tomcat 5.0.25
if any one has it
Thanks
Krishnakant.

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com