tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Bainbridge <jbainbri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 5.5.7 service.bat popup: "Overlapped I/O Operation is in progress; NonAlpha 46"
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:32:35 GMT
On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 10:30:23 -0600, J Malcolm <techstuff@malcolms.com> wrote:
> On Windows Server 2003, when I run service.bat I get a popup with the
> message: "Overlapped I/O Operation is in progress;  NonAlpha 46"
>
> I can run service.bat on the 5.0 installation and add/remove the service
> with no problem.  But it will not install 5.5.7 service.
>
> Did Tomcat start using a new port (46?) or something in 5.5?
>
> Suggestions?

Sounds like something DCOM permissions related, no idea why it would
work in 5.0 and not 5.5, have you got a restrictive set of permissions
in place at all? Some articles I read recommended running:

gpupdate /force

to refresh the loal groups and policies from the Active Directory but
it would be strange if that was your problem. Possibly the
installation of services has changed in Tomcat to effect the
credentials used to install the service somehow?

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - webmaster@kde.org