tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anderson, M. Paul" <Paul.Ander...@jhuapl.edu>
Subject RE: Cannot compile class in WEB-INF/classes
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:21:26 GMT
Did you import javax.servlet.http.* ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Rahul Joshi [mailto:rj365@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 1:19 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Cannot compile class in WEB-INF/classes

I have a Simple JSP page in my webapps/myappname. I
have a utility class which this page will use. The
class file for this should be in webapps/myappname/WEB-INF/classes. So I
put the java source file in that directory
(webapps/myappname/WEB-INF/classes). Also, a method in this utility
class has HttpServletRequest request as an argument. This will be passed
when this method is called from the scriplet java code from the JSP
page.

The Problem is that the utility java file does not
compile and gives error- Cannot recognize
HttpServletRequest. Shouldn't servlet-api.jar be
automatically visible?

I am using latest Tomcat 5.5.8 and latest JDK/JRE 1.5.
I can avoid the issue by not passing the request
object but still is there a way to pass the request
object?

Thanks!
Rahul.