tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rick A" <RA135...@ncr.com>
Subject Using SSL with IIS and Tomcat 4.1
Date Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:43:57 GMT
Hi.
I have successfully set up IIS 5.0 as the web server in a DMZ servicing
Tomcat 4.1 as the application server in a secure zone.

Now I am trying to enable SSL from the client's browser through to the
application server. I cannot get this to work.

I don't know if I need to activate SSL in Tomcat, in IIS, or in both.
I've found conflicting articles on this. I have successfully enabled SSL
in Tomcat, but IIS can't access the application server when I do. I
tried to enable SSL in IIS, but had no luck at all there, even with a
little test web site.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard A. Anderson, NCR Corporation
(519) 884-1710 X5543