tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <remy.mauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JDBCRealm changes from Tomcat 5.0.x to 5.5.x
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 23:40:36 GMT
On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 16:28:22 -0700, Richard Mixon (qwest)
<rnmixon@qwest.net> wrote:
> Remy,
> Thanks - but where do I get the new class file?

The Apache mail server, which, BTW, must be the worst mail server in
existence, chooses to let through all the viruses and spammers of the
world, but is refusing my perfectly legitimate attachement. So sorry,
you have to either build it from CVS (which is easy) or get it from a
nightly build.

I'd like to add that the DataSource realm works differently from the
JDBC realm. As a result, it would reconnect transparently, and the
problem you have won't occur. If you decide to try the data source
realm, I recommend using the version from 5.5.8, unless you expect a
really low amount of authentications (it will take a little time for
the connection pool to reclaim the resources which are not properly
closed by the realm).

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat