tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <remy.mauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to approximate tomcat-5.0/4.x/3.x logging in 5.5?
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:40:16 GMT
On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 09:22:33 -0500, Adrian Robert
<arobert@cogsci.ucsd.edu> wrote:

> > log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localho
> > st].[/myapp]=INFO, MYAPP
> > log4j.additivity.org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[loc
> > alhost].[/myapp]=false
>
> I don't understand this bracket notation.  Is it documented anywhere?
> Is interpretation of it something implemented by tomcat or by log4j?
> Would it help me achieve what I'm trying to get without changing my
> webapp's code away from ServletContext.log()?

The logger names used in Tomcat are documented in the configuration
pages. For example for webapps, it's here, in the "Logging" paragraph:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat