tomcat-users mailing list archives

From William Stranathan <shi1w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to trap errors while authenticating user : Custon Authentication mechanism ?
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:10:26 GMT
Besides, giving to the USER a different authentication failure message
is a bad idea - hackers use that information to know which accounts to
try to hack.

On the other hand, though, custom handling of the error would be nice
- the LDAP servers I use disconnect silently without traffic for some
amount of time, but there's no way for me to trap that error - it just
appears as an authentication failure to the user, and they have to try
to authenticate again so Tomcat can establish a new connection.