tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Using hibernate
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:17:12 GMT
We use straight JDBC and Hibernate on our intranet. JDBC is used for where speed is needed,
like hitting the database for nav functions etc... but Hibernate for pure intranet based applications
like holiday forms or purchase ordering, because it's nice to persist/unpersist complex application
model objects without worrying about all the SQL hassle to do this, and speed is not an absolute,
though saying this Hibernate does not visibly slow anything down at all, it's actually v.
quick and easy. Initial learning curve but once you're in it's good stuff to use, and boasts
being the most widely used ORM on any platform, so there's good support (part of Jboss now
too I believe).

That's my 2p.

Allistair.

QAS Ltd.