tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Running Tomcat from a CD-Rom
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:38:41 GMT
First thing that comes to mind are the startup scripts .. you'll need to comment out the parts
that search for CATALINA_HOME in the system environment, so that it defaults to the current
directory on the CD. Next thing I can think of is the fact that Tomcat creates files in the
work directory (compiled JSPs). You could perhaps pre-compile your web application sources,
but I still think it may end up trying to write to the CD. I personally don't know how, but
that's for me the biggest issue I can see - writes to the file system .. other than that,
the system will need Java (I think a JDK too unless 5.5 which may be able to run with a JRE)
and the JAVA_HOME env. setting too, so how you do that is another question for you to answer
;)

A.

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software