tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Andersson <andr...@travelstart.se>
Subject Re: replacing ROOT
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:37:28 GMT
Gene Volovich wrote:
> Whooaa... You mean you can't do
>
> <!--
>     <Context whatever...>
> -->

The above is correct, it works this way.

> This sounds very fishy to me.  I've been using that in my server.xml
> file forever.  In any case, this is XML, so I don't see why this would
> be a problem.  I suspect that the original poster's problem, if this is
> a Tomcat 5.x issue and not tomcat 4, has to do with problems in the
> ../conf/Catalina/<hostname>/<context>.xml file, which if you're
> upgrading from Tomcat 4, you might not think about.

I'm running tomcat 4.1.31 and just solved the problem. It's part my
fault, part a stupid way of tomcat to handle compiled jsp.

After installing my own app under / tomcat refused to recompile the .jsp
and showed the old page all the time. Not until I removed all the
.class-files I got it to work. This was a hard nut to crack, to me it's
completly illogical that tomcat doesn't recompile the files :)

Thanks everyhone for the help.

--
Andreas Andersson
IT Dept.