tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DIGEST authentication; Does it work??
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:16:50 GMT
Yes it does. I tested this extensively with both IE and Firefox. Any
combination of the following is OK:

Auth:		BASIC, FORM, DIGEST
Realm:		Memory, UserDatabase, JDBC, DataSource
Passwords:	Cleartext, digested

There is a complication when using digested passwords with the digest realm.

You need to be using 4.1.x from CVS HEAD or 5.5.8+

For more info see:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/realm-howto.html

Mark