tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <supp...@blizzard.com>
Subject Support Information Regarding - C0000005
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:52:48 GMT
Thank you for emailing Blizzard Entertainments Technical Support Department. In order to provide
you with greater assistance, we have developed an automated reply system which evaluates your
message and generates a detailed response towards it.

Please read through this message as our automated reply system has helped many of our customers.
If the response given below does not assist you or it is not relevant towards your message,
please reply back to this email and a live technician will respond to you as soon as possible.

Support Information Regarding - C0000005:

If you are getting the error "Unhandled Exception: Access Violation C0000005":

Uninstall and reinstall the game and download and install the latest patch from: (http://www.blizzard.com/patches)

If this doesn't work, please try some of our other solutions:

For Warcraft III Reign of Chaos:

We recommend running in a selective startup to improve performance and stability.  Firewall
software, such as Zone Alarm, can cause lockups or prevent the game from starting. For instructions
on how to run your computer in a selective startup, please visit our site at: (http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=agn0558p).

If the solution above does not help, please try the steps below.

Download and install the latest DirectX from (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx?url=/windows/directx/downloads/default.htm)
Make sure you have the latest drivers for your Video and Sound cards, next. A list of manufacturers
with contact information can be found at (http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=msi0369p).

Download and install the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard.  Check the motherboard
manufacturer's website for updated chipset drivers, first.  If you can't find updated drivers
at the manufacturer's website, the next two most common locations for chipset drivers are
(http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2) and (http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/)

If Warcraft III still has errors after updating drivers, download war3.reg from (http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3/other/)
and save it to your Windows Desktop.  Once the file has been downloaded, double-click on it
to import the registry info.  This file will set Warcraft III to mute sound, run with the
basic settings for video and set the refresh rate for the monitor to 60Hz.  Once the game
has started, you may select the options menu and adjust the video and sound settings as desired.

For StarCraft users:
Click on Start.
Click on Run.
Type "regedit" and click Ok.
Click on the + icon beside the "HKey_Local_Machine" branch.
Click on the + icon beside the "Software" branch.
Select the "Battle.net" branch and press the delete key.
Click on the + icon beside the "HKey_Current_User" branch.
Click on the + icon beside the "Software" branch.
Select the "Battle.net" branch and press the delete key.

For Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction:

The first step in fixing this problem is to make sure you have the latest patch for the game.
You can download the latest patch by going to (http://www.blizzard.com/patches).

Next, download and install the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard.  Check the motherboard
manufacturer's website for updated chipset drivers, first.  The two most common locations
for chipset drivers are (http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2) and (http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/).

The next step if the patch does not work is to play the game in 2D mode if you are currently
running in 3D. You can change this setting by re-running the Video Test. To run this test,
click on Start, then Programs, then Diablo II and then Video Test.  Also, try turning off
the Automap as a troubleshooting step.

Check your CD-ROM settings using the information provided at the following link:
(http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=mdb0404p)

If this error persists, please send us any new D2#####.txt and/or D2debug.txt files from the
Diablo II folder on your hard drive.  This will allow us to better troubleshoot your problem.

Finally, you may have noticed that Diablo II causes the computer to work really hard. This
is largely due to the many textures that are being used by the game at any given time, especially
in 3D modes. Because of this, sometimes users who have this problem do not have trouble with
any other programs. Sometimes this error will occur if your computer gets too hot, so anything
you can do to lower the operating temperature of your computer might be useful. Lowering the
clock speed will lower the operating temperature. You should also make sure that your processor
is adequately cooled with a cooling fan and heatsink. Your processor manufacturer has specific
recommendations for cooling fans for some of their chips.

Please visit us on our Blizzard Entertainment Support site at (http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=mdt0274p)
for our latest solutions to this problem.

Again, if the response given above has not assisted you or it was not relevant towards your
message, please reply back to this email and a live technician will respond to you as soon
as possible.

Best Regards,
Blizzard Support Team
http://www.blizzard.com/support
Blizzard Entertainment

If you respond to this email, please attach all previous messages and files relating to this
issue.