tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Abhay <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to run debugger from eclipse for TOMCAT
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:22:26 GMT
I am trying to run debugger from eclipse.

I created a configuration to run a program using Run--> ExternalTools-->Program

Following are the settings

Main

Location
C:\Apache_1_3\tomcat\bin\catalina.bat

Working directory

${workspace_loc:/EBIZ}

Arguments
jpda start

My catalina.bat contains
rem Guess CATALINA_HOME if not defined
if not "%CATALINA_HOME%" == "" goto gotHome
set CATALINA_HOME=.
if exist "%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\catalina.bat" goto okHome
set CATALINA_HOME=..
:gotHome
if exist "%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\catalina.bat" goto okHome
echo The CATALINA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
echo This environment variable is needed to run this program
goto end
:okHome

When I am running this, I am getting exception
The system cannot find the file -Xdebug.

If i get rid of this and run debug, it gives me unable to connect to VM.

Please suggest