tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bobby Tahir <bta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: idle connections
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 22:30:17 GMT
I think I get your meaning.  Basically its ok/good to have 50
connections idle connections laying around because those will get used
for future queries.

This whole problem started when I got a "maximum sessions exceeded" on
oracle (back when i had maxIdle=1000).  I was thinking that since
millions of people use oracle for a backend this can't be an isolated
problem.  Also I thought oracle is one of the best db's so theres no
way it can't serve more than 170 sessions or whatever it was set to.
However I didn't find any helpful info anywhere about the problem.
Which caused me to get confused.  Now however I think that perhaps its
just about lowering the maxIdle beneath oracles session threshold and
letting Tomcat do its thing?

Bobb