tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andre Van Klaveren <nyb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Allow Apache to Serve Static Content
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:40:35 GMT
This assumes of course that you are running Apache and Tomcat on the
same server.  The concept is pretty much the same though.  You set the
DocumentRoot to where your static files reside on Apache and map your
JSPs and servlets to your JK worker that redirects the request to your
Tomcat instance.

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:48:18 -0500, Charles N. Harvey III
<charlieh@alloy.com> wrote:
> Point the DocumentRoot directory to your webapps directory.
> Then, in your jk mapping, map only *.jsp and *.servlet to
> Tomcat.
>
> ## WEBSITE ##
> <VirtualHost *>
>     ServerAdmin hostmaster@website.com
>     DocumentRoot /code/www/webapps/website/ROOT
>     ServerName www.website.com
>     CustomLog "|/code/utils/cronolog/cronolog
> /logs/apache/website_access_log_%Y_%m_%d.txt" combined
>     ErrorLog "|/code/utils/cronolog/cronolog
> /logs/apache/website_error_log_%Y_%m_%d.txt"
>     JkMount /*.jsp tomcat
>     JkMount /*.do tomcat
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Charlie
>
> Dave Morrow said the following on 2/15/2005 3:25 PM:
>
> >Hi all, I have Apache integrated with Tomcat using mod_jk2 and all is working well
with the exception of performance.  I would like to direct Apache to serve the static content
components of my Java application.  How is this done?  I presume there must be some type of
httpd.conf setting to do this?

> >David A. Morrow
> >Technical Systems Lead
> >Autodata Solutions Company
> >David.Morrow@Autodata.Net
> >http://www.autodata.net
> >Tel: (519) 951-6079
> >Fax: (519) 451-6615
> >
> >< Poor planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an emergency on my
part. >

> >This message has originated from Autodata Solutions. The attached material is the
Confidential and Proprietary Information of Autodata Solutions. This email and any files transmitted
with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete this message and
notify the Autodata system administrator at Administrator@autodata.net <mailto:Administrator@autodata.net>