tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pete Stevens <p...@ex-parrot.com>
Subject Re: can I develop dan deploy myapps as regular user at linux?
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:29:50 GMT
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Mohd. Jeffry wrote:

> Hi, I'm pretty new with tomcat, 1 month to be exect. So what are the
> standart operating procedure to develop and deploy at linux
> environtment? For the time being this is what I do and it's kinda
> troublesome.
>
> 1. compile my app at /home/devel/myapps
> 2. su as root and move it to /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myapps
> 3. and chown myapps for tomcat:tomcat.
> 4. and restart tomcat
>
> If possible I don't want to use any IDE tools for time being because I
> want to focus on servlet/jsp and not on IDE.

I'd add yourself to the tomcat group,
chmod -R g+w /usr/local/tomcat/webapps

Then you can just overwrite the files and tomcat will pick up the changes.

Yours,

Pete Stevens

--
Pete Stevens
pete@ex-parrot.com

   Should anyone contact you with an after sales enquiry, please do not attempt
                                                to help them with the enquiry.
                          -- Corporate advice on improving customer interaction