tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anand Pandey" <apan...@mahindrabt.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Related Issue:
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:40:18 GMT

Hi Tim,
Thanks...
But can you pls advise me some solution for this, as our system is having
8GB of RAM.
Is it related to some Tomcat/Java Memory.
I'm using Tomcat 3.3.1 and JRE1.2

Regards,
Anand

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Funk [mailto:funkman@joedog.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 5:32 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat Related Issue:

You ran out of memory:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

-Tim

Anand Pandey wrote:

> Hi, Can anyone help me out in what does below error log indicate as I'm
not
> been able to identify the problem which is occuring after the huge upload
of
> the XML file.
>

> Thanks,
> Anand
>
> 2005-01-15 14:15:15,709 INFO  [main] comms.XMLSend
> ( XMLSend.java:136)     -
> Server Response:
> HTTP Code: 500
> Response Body:
> <h1>Error: 500</h1>^M
> <pre>java.lang.OutOfMemoryError^M
>         at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(Unknown Source)^M
>         at Upload.doPost(Upload.java, Compiled Code)^M
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java,
Compiled
> Code)^M
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java,
Compiled
> Code)^M
>         at

Disclaimer:
The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if
any) are privileged and confidential material of MBT and should not be disclosed to, used
by or copied in any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s).   In case you are
not the desired addressee, you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to the sender.
 The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if
any) are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority,
states them to be the views of MBT.

This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be free of any virus.
 However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and MBT
is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use