tomcat-users mailing list archives

From DAVID TURNER <DTUR...@nhbb.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.5.4/Windows 2000 server - Failed to register in JMX: BasicDataSourceFactory
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 16:32:58 GMT
I'm running Tomcat 5.5.4 on Windows 2000 Server and encountered the below
error on Tomcat startup:

Feb 2, 2005 10:50:49 AM org.apache.catalina.core.NamingContextListener
addResource
WARNING: Failed to register in JMX: javax.naming.NamingException: Could
not create resource factory,
ClassNotFoundException:org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory

My webapp uses JDBC DataSource's and the BasicDataSourceFactory for
pooling so this problem of "ClassNotFoundException" is causing my webapp
to not work properly.

I have Tomcat 5.5.4 also installed on my local maching which has Windows
XP on it, and there is absolutely no problem on startup and and my webapp.

Does anyone no what's happening here?  Why does Tomcat register the
BasicDataSourceFactory with no problems in Tomcat 5.5.4 on Windows XP and
not on Windows 2000 Server?