tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pete Guyatt" <pguy...@telesoft-technologies.com>
Subject RE: Java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: listeners.ContextListener
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 10:29:58 GMT
Hi There,

	The web.xml will have the following xml tag tag in it

<listener>
	<listener-class>classpath</listener-class>
</listener>

It sounds like the class file referenced by this tag does not exist or that
the class path is wrong.

Thanks

Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: Harry Douglass, Jr. [mailto:h.douglass@verizon.net]
Sent: 05 February 2005 22:57
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: listeners.ContextListener

Hello,

When my Tomcat 5 server is started, it gets a SEVERE error in the output
which states:

SEVERE:  Error configuring application listener of class
listeners.ContextListener

Java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:  listeners.ContextListener

SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class
listerners.SessionListener

 Java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:  listeners.SessionListener

SEVERE: Skipped installing application listeners due to previous error(s).

Can anyone help with why this is occurring everytime I start the Tomcat 5
server.

Thanks in advance,

Harry