tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Qin <Phillip....@shareowner.com>
Subject RE: Using a database under tomcat for linux
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:39:39 GMT
Post your error message. It usually tells you what additional permission you
need to grant.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Andersson [mailto:andreas@travelstart.se]
Sent: February 2, 2005 9:19 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Using a database under tomcat for linux

Hi!

I'm having problems useing a database under my tomcat on my linux. If I
disable security it works fine but with security I get connection errors.

I've read the small documention on the policy file but doesn' succedd
when I try to do the same thing.

This is from my policy file

grant codeBase
"file:/<long-path>/WEB-INF/lib/mysql-connector-java-3.0.5-gamma-bin.jar" {
       permission java.net.SocketPermission "localhost:3306", "connect"; };

Does anyone have an example of a working configuration?

Thanks.

--
Andreas Andersson
IT Dept.