tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Al Sutton" <tom...@alsutton.com>
Subject RE: Shutdown not working under SLES8 and FC2
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 22:16:53 GMT
Ben,

Thanks for doing this.

I'm going to put _07 on tomorrow and give that a spin as well, but it'd be
useful to know if _06 has problems for the future.

I've just downloaded the main and compat packages, no modifications have
been made to any files contained within, and no webapps have been installed.
I beleive the JK connector is on by default, and I don't supply any options
to the server.

I can't upgrade to 1.5 at the moment because the application I'm developing
is deployed to a 1.4 environment. Recommending an upgrade in JDK isn't
possible due to the standards of the customer :(.

Regards,

Al.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Souther [mailto:bsouther@fwdco.com]
Sent: 02 February 2005 22:11
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Shutdown not working under SLES8 and FC2

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 16:43, Al Sutton wrote:
> Hmmm The latest updates gives me;
>
> Linux host 2.6.10-1.9_FC2 #1 Thu Jan 13 17:54:57 EST 2005 i686 athlon i386
> GNU/Linux
>
> and I'm on JDK 1.4.2_06 as opposed to _05.
>
> Would it be possible for you to upgrade?, I'd like to have the exact same
> environment, but please don't put yourself out or risk a critical
> environment.
>
> Al.

Yes, but not today.
The latest JDK 1.4 is j2sdk1.4.2_07.  If I'm going to upgrade, it will
be to that one.

I run up2date daily but don't always reboot so I might already have that
kernel. If so, I don't mind rebooting in the morning before I get
started.

Out of curiosity, is this happening to you with a fresh install of
Tomcat, without any of your own apps running, and without any
connectors?  Are you using any java options when you start it?

Also, is there any reason why you can't upgrade to JDK1.5.0?