tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Al Sutton" <tom...@alsutton.com>
Subject RE: idle connections
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 22:11:35 GMT
Doesn't setting maxIdle to 50 mean that you've confiured it to have 50
connections idle and not do anything about them?

Try lowering this number if you want less connections left open.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bobby Tahir [mailto:btahir@gmail.com]
Sent: 02 February 2005 22:05
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: idle connections

Hey, wondering if someone could help me out on this.

I'm using:

Tomcat 5
RedHat
Oracle 9i

I'm using jdbc and dbcp connection pooling and am trying to tune my
app for more scalability.  I have my maxActive set to 0 (infinite) and
my maxIdle set to 50.

When I load test and then look at oracle
statistics I find out that there are exactly 50 connections
just sitting there inactive.  After waiting 2 days they don't go away.  I
have
the removeAbandonded params set to true and 60 seconds but its not
"reclaiming" (which I take to mean eliminating) those "inactive"
connections.  Can someone help me figure out what's going on?