tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Mixon (qwest)" <rnmi...@qwest.net>
Subject Under Tomcat 5.5.7 how to get "Username xxx successfully authenticated"
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:48:22 GMT
Under Tomcat 5.0.19 I had a logger statement in my application context
that created a log file. This log file contained, among other things, a
line each time a user successfully/unsuccessfully logged in, similar to:
  2005-02-20 07:09:20 JDBCRealm[/stars]: Username xxx successfully
authenticated
or
  2005-02-20 07:09:20 JDBCRealm[/stars]: Username xxx NOT successfully
authenticated

I understand that under Tomcat 5.5.7 much of the logging is now handled
by commons-logging and log4j. Is there still a way to get the above
information? I have enabled logging using the instructions in the Tomcat
documentation at
  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/logging.html
but do not really get what I am looking for (maybe I do not know what
specific logger statements to put in).

Thanks - Richard