tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Harry Mantheakis <ha...@mantheakis.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject Re: WELCOME to tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:40:28 GMT
Complete guess here, but you might want to check permission settings for the
Tomcat home (installation) directory - and also see that you've got a Tomcat
user account set up, etc.

I have a no-login 'tomcat' user, and permissions for the Tomcat home
directory (and all its contents) is assigned to that user.

> if I manually run script with start argument...

What happens when you call the 'tomcatd' script (from the console) without
any arguments? (Surely that's what happens when the system calls 'tomcatd'?)

Harry Mantheakis