tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Didier McGillis" <codesmo...@hotmail.com>
Subject getAttribute returning null
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:56:14 GMT
Having problem with a context parm.  I have a servlet that queries for 300+
list of names, it then builds a select list.  This list changes
infrequently, the jsp page is supposed to display the data from the servlet,
so being the absolutly brilliant person that I am I wanted that option list
built on startup, and then just have the jsp display the list.

I retrofitted the servlet to build the list, and then put
<%=application.getAttribute("listOfDealer")%> in the jsp, open the page and
wham -o awesome, great .. it doesnt work, all I see is null.

any thoughts