tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ross Poppel" <rpop...@portal.com>
Subject RE: Throughput and scalability
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:18:17 GMT
Hey Peter -
Where can I get the articles - are they in the FAQ or the archive
somewhere.  Any keywords you can suggest?

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Lin [mailto:woolfel@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 5:59 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Throughput and scalability

if you're talking about XML transformation, the biggest factor is the
parser you use and the cpu speed. If you read my old performance
article on the resource page, you can see some old numbers for AMD
2ghz system.

depending on how much XML you need to handle concurrently, you may
want to consider XML accelerators to get near wire speed. The primary
limitations for XML processing is CPU and RAM. hope that helps

peter