tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Patrick.K...@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Subject FW: challenging JK connector problem: java.net.SocketException
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:08:48 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Woodchuck [mailto:woodchuck_5@yahoo.com]
Sent: February 22, 2005 5:20 PM
To: Patrick.King@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Subject: RE: challenging JK connector problem: java.net.SocketException

hello Patrick!

thank you for your help, i really appreciate it as i'm at a total loss
at the bizarness of the problem (works through Tomcat, but not when
going through IIS/JK).  i didn't have time to try out your suggestion
just yet, but i definitely will.

i just wanted to confirm however, because my Tomcat is an old version
4.1.24, did you mean downgrade my current JDK to one that was current
at the time 4.1.24 was current?  (ie. use the JDK of the same time
period?)

>> I think it would be best to upgrade your version of tomcat to 5.0+ and to
use
the recommended jdk. I am using tomcat 5.0.28 with jdk 1.4.2_07 on the
operating system Linux Enterprise 3.0.

or did you mean upgrade my JDK to the latest current release which i
believe is 1.5 or something.

i am currently using JDK 1.4.1_02.

best regards,
woodchuck