tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: tomcat CPU utilization pegged...total CPU only 50%
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 04:55:50 GMT
> From: Kevin Williams [mailto:KWilliams@centerlogic.com]
> Subject: tomcat CPU utilization pegged...total CPU only 50%

> Using performance monitor, the Tomcat % Processor Time pegs out
> at 100% for the duration that total CPU utilization is at 50%.

I'm confused.  What tool or monitoring mechanism is telling you that total CPU utilization
is 50% at the same time that PerfMon says it's 100%?

Additional questions:
1) Are you running Tomcat as a service?
2) Are you using CPU affinity settings that would restrict Tomcat to one CPU?
3) Are you going into garbage collection frequently enough to prevent use of both CPUs? (Turn
on -verbose:gc to check.)

 - Chuck