tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <>
Subject RE: isUserInRole
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 03:16:40 GMT

Hi Denny,

To get user name... do as follows...
<%@ page import="" %>
And use in ur code as...
<% Principal p = request.getUserPrincipal();
     out.println(p.getName()); %>
will print the name of the current user...

Joby Joseph
Wipro Technologies
Plot No.72, KEONICS Electronics City,
Hosur Main Road,
Bangalore- 560 100. India
Tel:+91-80-28520408; 51221111  Extn:82332

-----Original Message-----
From: Denny Lee []
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 9:20 PM
To:; Joby Joseph (WT01 - TELECOM SOLUTIONS)
Subject: isUserInRole

Thanks for you reply.  I have not tried
request.isUserInRole("Denny").  I was under the
impression that role has to do with being admin or
user.  I can get the user name through the
request.getRemoteUser() but I am still stuck with the
role thing.
Subject:	 RE: isUserInRole question
Date:	Fri, 4 Feb 2005 08:35:22 +0530

Plain Text Attachment [ Download File | Save to my
Yahoo! Briefcase ]

Hi Denny,

U hav to use request.isUserInRole("Denny") to compare
whether the user
logged in is Denny or not