tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Olve Hansen <olv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk dynamic update of workers.properties
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:21:32 GMT
On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 16:17:16 -0500, bt <btahir@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why ddi you want to update the workers2.properties file dynamically?

Sorry, I might have been a bit unclear.. I meant if mod_jk could read
updated workers.properties at runtime. We are using mod_jk2 now, and
it can do that.. I am interested in knowing if mod_jk can do the same
thing. E.g. adding more servers to the workers.properties while
apache2 is running, and that mod_jk discovers this.

If mod_jk can do this, I would rather use that one, since it is still
supported, which mod_jk2 is not.

The documenation recommends using mod_jk, since it is supported. It
also states that several of the improvements in mod_jk2 are backported
to mod_jk, but it fails to state which...

--
Olve

> On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 09:17:32 +0100, Olve Hansen <olvesh@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 17:25:58 +0100, Olve Hansen <olvesh@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Haven't found docs about this anywher (i might be short sighted though).
> > > Can mod_jk dynamically update the contents of workers.properties?
> > > Or do I have to use  mod_jk2 to be able to do that..
> > >

> > Nevermind (not that too many did mind :-) )
> > The graceful shutdown of server nodes is too complicated in mod_jk -
> > I'll take the gamble (as it is officially unsopported), and go for
> > mod_jk2...
> >

> > --
> >  \ Olve S. Hansen
> >   \ mailto:olvesh@gmail.com