tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Williams" <>
Subject RE: tomcat CPU utilization CPU only 50%
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 05:34:29 GMT

Kevin Williams

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R []
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 8:56 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: tomcat CPU utilization CPU only 50%

> From: Kevin Williams []
> Subject: tomcat CPU utilization CPU only 50%

> Using performance monitor, the Tomcat % Processor Time pegs out
> at 100% for the duration that total CPU utilization is at 50%.

I'm confused.  What tool or monitoring mechanism is telling you that
total CPU utilization is 50% at the same time that PerfMon says it's

Additional questions:
1) Are you running Tomcat as a service?
2) Are you using CPU affinity settings that would restrict Tomcat to one
3) Are you going into garbage collection frequently enough to prevent
use of both CPUs? (Turn on -verbose:gc to check.)

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: