tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rodrigo Avila <rdeav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Relative Path in web.xml
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:27:05 GMT
Ok, but in getResourceAsStream()  i need to pass a String with the
name of the file, right? But, is the path/name of the file I store in
an parameter in web.xml... and I get this name again using
config.getInitParameter( "nameOfTheFile" ). For now, I use the
full-path in the "nameOfTheFile" parameter in web.xml... but, how I
can use just an relative path in this parameter?

Sorry if I misundestood... my english is very poor.

Thanks again!

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 06:35:51 -0500, Tim Funk <funkman@joedog.org> wrote:
> If you wish to load a file relative to the context root of your webapp - look
> at ServletContext.getResourceAsStream()
>
> -Tim
>
> Rodrigo Avila wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is possible to make a Propertie, in the web.xml file, poiting to a
> > file using the relative path of the file? Something like:
> >
> > propertie: fooProp
> > value: conf/file.txt (file.txt is in $CATALINA_HOME/conf directory, or
> > /usr/local/tomcat/conf)
> >
> > Thanks the help!

Rodrigo de Avila
rdeavila@gmail.com