tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniele <daniele.innoce...@email.it>
Subject tomcat fails db connection
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:06:28 GMT
Hi everybody,

I've a problem with an application running under tomcat 4.1.27.
Every one-two days tomcat stops connecting to the database.
Tomcat is still responding, but no queries can be executed. Restarting
tomcat solves the problem.

We have apache 2.0.47 and jk2 connector, and DBCP to connect to a mysql
database which lies on a different machine.
Both the pc's OS are RH enterprise.

There aren't connections left on the db (at least "show processlist"
doesn't show them).
The tomcat logs don't tell anything but the sqlException about db not
responding.
Mysql is always up and our perl scripts keep going without any problems.
That must be a tomcat or dbcb issue, I guess.

What could be the problem? Any ideas?

Daniele Innocenti